Monday, November 5, 2018

November 5th - 14 years ago

Today, I am thankful for my brain. It remembers where things are even when I can't actually pull it forth. It directs my body towards missing objects without me needing to actually know where I am going. The other night, I was falling asleep trying to figure out where I knew a face from. My brain was flipping through places like flashcards... Walmart, the bank, grocery store, doctor's office... and then finally it got it. I usually feel out of it, frazzled, completely dazed and confused by the chaos of life and lack of sleep, so I'm super thankful that my brain has a pretty efficient autopilot setting.


I'm not thankful for how big of a role my emotions play in my day-to-day life and productiveness. How I "feel" can completely dictate how much I can get done. And I tend to be completely wishy-washy in the "feelings" department. I can feel great and motivated one minute, and horrible and self-loathing the next. Control over emotions is definitely something I need to work on. Seriously.

No comments: